Sunday, March 15, 2009

You know. sometimes you run into someone, and not a word of exchange, maybe just a glance; and u feel like an instant connection with that other person. More often of the opposite sex. It's like we all are ants, who go through life with our antennas bouncing off one another, continuously on an auto-pilot with nothing really human required of us. Stop. Go. Walk here. Drive there. All action basically for survival. All communication simply to keep this ant colony buzzing along in an efficient polite manner. "Here's your change." "Paper or plastic?" "Credit or debit?" "You want ketchup with that?" I don't want all that. I want real human moments. I want to see you. I want you to see me. I don't want to give that up. I don't want to be an ant, you know?

I've been kind of a zombie on auto-pilot lately, I don't feel like an ant in my head, but I guess I probably look like one. It's kind of like; Sigmund Freud had this idea of two people meeting on a road. And instead of just passing and glancing away, they decide to accept what he calls "the confrontation between their souls." It's like freeing the brave reckless gods within us all.

Then it's like they have met.

No comments: